This next Creative Challenge is a fun one! This month, we want you to snap a picture of your favorite places in your city. Whether it’s the view from your backyard, your favorite restaurant, art gallery, thrift store, hiking trail, or the view from the rooftop of the highest building or peak in your town, it’s up to you! Post your images to Instagram and Twitter using the hashtag #CityGuideYMC or email us your submissions to youmeandcharlieCREATE@gmail.com. Be sure to include information about the image… where it was taken, why it’s one of your favorite places, and how tourists can get there (if it’s a public location). Have fun with it and, as always, get creative with your pictures! There are a ton of fun apps out there to help bring your images to life (PicFrame, Pixl-o-rmatic, Camera+, etc).
Each week we’ll give you a new direction for what to shoot in your city. After the challenge is complete, we’ll pick our favorite photos and create a City Guide for locations around the world, based off your submissions! Sure, a tourist can pick up a book or magazine telling them what the “must-see” places are in a given city, but there’s no better guide than an insider’s tip from a local — you! The more pictures of you submit of your city, the better chance you have for one of your images to be featured on the site.
To kick things off, I’ve added a few pix to the gallery above of some of my favorites in Los Angeles and one from Di in Paris:
1. The Observatory: This place is one of my favorites! The view of the city is to die for, but the paintings INSIDE The Observatory are not to be missed. Just walk in and look up. It’s absolutely beautiful.
2. YM&C Headquarters: This is the view from the rooftop of Charlie’s offices. Not too shabby!
3. Dylan’s Candy Bar: I’m not a big candy buff, but this store just makes me happy. How can you not walk in and just smile?! The colors, the decor, oh ya… and the CANDY! You are literally a kid in a candy store.
4. Dianna snapped this pic of her view of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
5. Venice Beach Boardwalk: It’s never a dull moment in Venice Beach, Ca. So many interesting people!
6. Mr. Rex Dinosaur Adventure: You might recognize this Dinosaur from the 80’s film classic, Pee Wee Herman’s Big Adventure. Believe it or not, this place actually exists! It’s just outside of Los Angeles off the 10 Fwy headed towards Palm Springs. The pit stop is definitely worth the photo opp.
Now it’s your turn! Send us your images of your city. Have fun with it… let your images be your art. We’ll be posting more on the Charlie Instagram (@YouMeAndCharlie) so be sure to follow! Can’t wait to see where you all are from and to learn more about your city.